Select Page
India to retaliate at a time, place of its choosing

India to retaliate at a time, place of its choosing

NEW DELHI: India will strongly retaliate at a time and place of its choosing if Pakistan attempts to use drones or indulges in `hybrid warfare’ of any kind to target Indian civilian or military assets, chief of defence staff General Bipin Rawat warned on Friday.
Investigative agencies are probing whether the small explosive-laden drones used in the terror attack on the Jammu air force station on June 27 were launched from Pakistan or from within the region, and whether the intent was to deliver a message of a new capability or actually cause damage on the ground, said Gen Rawat.

NEW DELHI: India needs a distinct military command structure and a complete paradigm shift to confront the emerging security threats like grey zone warfare, Chief of Defence Staff Gen Bipin Rawat said on Friday, justifying the ambitious theaterisation process in the Indian armed forces. Referring to

India needs a distinct military command structure to deal with future security challenges: CDS

“We do not yet know the ultimate intention. But let them (Pakistan) attempt to do something to damage our assets, and the reaction from our armed forces will be very different. The political will is there. Our armed forces are ready,” he said, speaking at a webinar here.
“A strong message has to be sent that anything of this nature, grey-zone tactics or hybrid warfare, if it damages our assets and affects our national security, we reserve the right to respond at a time and place of our choosing and the manner in which we wish to respond,” he added.

A drone was spotted over the Indian High Commission complex in Pakistan last week, triggering a huge security scare in the mission, people familiar with the development said on Friday. The Indian mission has already taken up the issue strongly with the Pakistani authorities.

Drone spotted over Indian high commission in Islamabad, India registers protest

Referring to the border truce with Pakistan since February, the CDS said the mere stopping of cross-border firing on the Line of Control was not enough. “If you (Pakistan) are going to use indirect systems to disrupt harmony and cause damage, it amounts to a violation of the ceasefire,” he said.

Two days after the first-ever terror drone strike in the country at Jammu, PM Modi chaired a top-level meeting on Tuesday to discuss a policy on the use of civil drones, `futuristic challenges’ in the defence sector and the need to suitably equip the military with modern equipment to tackle threats.

PM-led meet decides to fast-track policy to tackle threats from small drones

Air Chief Marshal R K S Bhadauria, on his part, said IAF did have a limited number of “soft kill” jammers to disrupt the command-and-control links of small drones and “hard kill” counter-drone systems but they had not been deployed at the Jammu air station because it did not have “critical assets” like fighter jets.
“What happened at Jammu was essentially a terrorist act which attempted to target our assets (Mi-17 V5 helicopters) there. The attempt failed. Two explosives, one HE (high explosive) in nature and the other fragmentation, were used,” said the IAF chief.

READ ALSO
Jammu Air Force Station attack: Army chief says fight against drones will be a see-saw battle

NEW DELHI: Indian armed forces are developing capabilities to deal with the ever-increasing threat from drones, with some counter-measures already being put in place, even as they also acquire “offensive capabilities” in the field, General M M Naravane said on Thursday. “Drones will increasingly be

Jammu Air Force Station attack: Army chief says fight against drones will be a see-saw battle

IAF is closely working with DRDO on its anti-drone systems, which have directed energy weapons like lasers and will soon finish their trials. “It’s a new kind of threat. Many of the projects have already been undertaken and some of the systems were already fielded,” he said.
Gen Rawat said the armed forces will have to dynamically keep on adapting to new threats because the next attack could well be through rockets, as was seen in the recent Israel-Hamas conflict, and not drones. “Grey-zone warfare can involve anything and we have to be prepared for it,” he said.

Estimate of 216 crore vaccine doses was aspirational, says V.K. Paul

Estimate of 216 crore vaccine doses was aspirational, says V.K. Paul

A May 13 estimate, by one of India’s top officials overseeing the pandemic response, that India would have 216 crore doses of vaccines from August-December was based on an “optimistic, aspirational assessment” and based on what vaccine manufacturers had conveyed to the government.

V.K. Paul, Chairman, National Empowered Group on Vaccine at a press briefing on Friday was responding to a query on why there was a mismatch between his May projection of 216 crore vaccine doses and a Health Ministry affidavit to the Supreme Court on June 26 that said 135 crore doses would be available from August-December

The discrepancy is significant as the Centre has said that it plans to vaccinate all adults, estimated to be 93-94 crore, by the end of 2021, thus requiring 186-188 crore doses. So far, 33 crore doses have been administered, and 51 crore doses, including those already given, are expected to be administered by the end of July. After a burst of vaccination post June 21, that saw 90 lakh doses administered in a day and over 50 lakh doses, on average, subsequently for the rest of the week, the last week of June has been relatively lacklustre, with a daily average of about 35 lakh vaccine doses administered.

So far, about 35% of adult Indians have received at least one dose of the vaccine, and only 4% of the population has been fully vaccinated.

“When we had said over 200 crore doses will be available, we had said that this was based on information provided by manufacturers of how much they were optimistically, and I had said ‘aspirational’, likely to deliver,” said Dr. Paul. “It was important to share this with people because [at] that time there was a doubt whether vaccines would be available. However, we had also said that planning by the Health Ministry was based on 90 crore doses being made available by our two leading companies [Serum Institute of India and Bharat Biotec

India can expect around 1.3 billion doses of vaccines, says epidemiologist Chandrakant Lahariya

The 216 crore doses, according to Dr. Paul’s presentation on May 13, was premised on 75 crore doses of Covishield and 55 crore of Covaxin, which adds up to 130 crore doses, whereas in the Health Ministry’s affidavit, it comes up as 90 crore. The rest is based on expectations of 45 crore vaccines from Biological E, Zydus Cadilla and Sputnik V.

“We are presenting a dynamic situation and that’s the context in which these numbers are presented. We have developments on Zydus Cadilla [applying for emergency use and reporting an interim efficacy of 66%], and several others are also on track,” Dr. Paul added

Chinese army kidnapped 5 Indians! Congress MLA claims, tweet to PMO and demand action

Chinese army kidnapped 5 Indians! Congress MLA claims, tweet to PMO and demand action

Tension has been going on for a long time between India and China over the border dispute. Meanwhile, there are reports of five Indians allegedly kidnapped by Chinese soldiers from Arunachal Pradesh. Congress MLA from Arunachal Pradesh Ninong Ering claimed that the People’s Liberation Army of China has allegedly abducted five Indians from the border area of ​​Arunachal Pradesh. Explain that there is an ongoing dispute between the Chinese Army and the Indian Army in the eastern Ladakh region.

In his tweet, tagged Congress MLA Ninong Ering PMO from Arunachal Pradesh, claimed that five people of Arunachal Pradesh’s Subansiri district have been allegedly abducted through the People’s Liberation Army of China. He also wrote that a similar incident took place a few months ago.

The Congress legislator has demanded action from the Indian government and the Chinese military to respond. Explain that there was a violent clash between the soldiers of China and India on June 15, in which 20 soldiers including a colonel of India were killed. A large number of Chinese soldiers were also killed, although China never officially announced it. After this, the Chinese army tried to infiltrate again on the night of 29-30 August, which was thwarted by Indian soldiers.

AK-203 rifle to replace INSAS, commitment between India and Russia to be made in the country

AK-203 rifle to replace INSAS, commitment between India and Russia to be made in the country

A major agreement has been approved between India and Russia on AK-208 rifle amid tension on the border. During the visit of Defense Minister Rajnath Singh to Moscow, India and Russia have given final approval to the agreement to make state-of-the-art AK-203 rifle in India. Official Russian media gave this information on Thursday.

The AK-203 rifle is the latest and most advanced format of the AK-47 rifle. It will replace the Indian Small Orms System (INSAS) 5.56x45mm rifle. According to Russian government news agency Sputnik, the Indian Army needs about 770000 AK-203 rifles, of which one lakh will be imported and the rest will be manufactured in India.

These rifles will be made in India under the joint venture Indo-Russian Rifle Private Limited (IRRPL), according to news from the Russian news agency. It is established between the Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) and the Kalashnikov Concern and Rosoborenexport.

OFB will have a 50.5 percent stake in IRRL, while Kalashnikov will have a 42 percent stake. Russia’s state export agency Rosoborenxport will hold the remaining 7.5 percent. According to the news, this 7.62 x 39 mm Russian weapon will be produced at Korva Ordnance Factory in Uttar Pradesh, which was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi last year.

The news is expected to cost around $ 1,100 per rifle, including technology transfer costs and the establishment of a manufacturing unit. According to Sputnik, INSAS rifles have been used since 1996. There are problems like jamming in it, problems in the magazine at the higher places on the Himalayan mountains.

Dilip Kumar was not informed about the demise of both brothers, the reason came out

Dilip Kumar was not informed about the demise of both brothers, the reason came out

Bollywood industry veteran actor Dilip Kumar lost both his brothers. His brother Ehsan Khan died on Wednesday. Earlier on August 21, brother Aslam Khan said goodbye to the world. Both were admitted to Lilavati Hospital after being found infected with Corona, but could not be saved. The news of the demise of both brothers has not yet been reported to Dilip Kumar.

Talking to Saira Banu said, “Dilip sahib has not been told that Aslam Bhai and Ehsaan Bhai are no more. We keep them from all kinds of disturbing news. Even when Amitabh Bachchan was admitted to Nanavati Hospital after getting infected with COVID-19, we did not inform him about it. He likes Amitabh very much. ”

Apart from this, Saira Bano spoke about the current condition of Dilip Kumar. He said, “He is fine.” Keeping them in quarantine is our first priority, but recently there were some changes in their blood pressure due to dehydration. He is undergoing treatment.

Significantly, after Aslam’s death, Saira Banu had prayed for Ehsan Khan’s well being. He said, “It is very unfortunate that Aslam Bhai died of Corona virus. We really do not know how to face this sorrow. May Allah comfort their soul. Ehsan Khan’s condition is also critical. Pray for the favor brother. He is struggling in the ICU. I hope he recovers and returns home. ”

Dragon taking picture of India from Nepal border, China satellite on radar of security agencies

Dragon taking picture of India from Nepal border, China satellite on radar of security agencies

Security agencies were in a tizzy after seeing China’s satellite on the Pilibhit Nepal border in UP. As soon as the information was received, DM, SP Pilibhit, DIG Bareilly Range, SSP Bareilly contacted the intelligence officers of Trishul Air Force Station. Discussions were held with all security agencies. Security has been beefed up on the Nepal Pilibhit border. The SSB and the police patrolled the entire area but no movement and information was confirmed.

According to police sources, Central Intelligence Delhi had issued an alert for taking photographs through satellite at Pilibhit on Nepal border. After this, all the officers and agencies became active till late Thursday night. The investigation of the case went on. DIG Range Rajesh Pandey, SSP Shailesh Kumar Pandey interacted with Air Force Station officials, officers of Army Intelligence. Information about the incident was also obtained from IB officials. The DIG took the report of the entire case from SP Pilibhit. Officers on the Nepal border were also discussed. The DIG has issued an alert on the entire Nepal border. Petroling has been increased.

When and how did India and China dispute

The India-China dispute is not new. China has had a dispute with India about three times in 45 years. After mutual agreement between the two countries, the dispute was resolved and trade and investment continued for a long time. The war between India and China in 1962 has been considered as the biggest war till now. At that time, this war lasted for about a month. At that time, 33 Indian Army soldiers posted at the army post of Galvan were martyred. Dozens of soldiers were also taken captive. China then occupied its claimed territory over Aksai-China. It was from here that the war between India and China started which continues till now. In 1967, several soldiers from China and India were killed in Nathu La. The armies of the two countries made different claims for this escape. Subsequently in 1975, the Indian Army patrol attacked LAC in Arunachal Pradesh by the Chinese Army.

What is the India-China border dispute

After the 1962 war, the dispute on the India-China border has increased again. Disputes have arisen between the armies of the two countries by calling the Galvan Valley a part of their respective countries. At the time when people around the world were struggling with the Corona crisis, on the other hand, India and China had come face to face with the border dispute. The battle, which began in the third week of April, continues till now. After this, security at the borders of both countries was increased. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has also visited Galvan Valley after the growing dispute between India and China border on Galvan Valley. Not only this, Defense Minister Rajnath Singh and Army Chief General Naravan also visited the border.

America did not speak on India-China border dispute: China

Due to the increasing tension on the Indo-China border, China has advised the US not to interrupt. Chinese Embassy spokesman Ji Rong was replying to a comment in which US Deputy Foreign Minister Stephen Beigun said that his claims, including China’s aggressive actions on the border with India, would be pushed out. Ji Rong said that China favors fair, rational and mutually acceptable through peaceful and friendly consultation. He said that the two sides have been negotiating the boundary dispute at many levels and want a peaceful settlement of the border dispute.