After the failed infiltration attempt once again in Ladakh, China has clearly retracted that its troops tried to cross the border. Amid reports of a 29–30 intermittent night skirmish between India and Chinese troops, the Chinese Foreign Ministry has stated itself to be clean, saying that Chinese troops have strictly followed the Line of Actual Control.
According to the Chinese government newspaper Global Times, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said on Monday that Chinese border troops have always strictly followed the Line of Actual Control and never crossed the border. The Chinese side has also said that talks are going on between the armies of the two countries on the ground issue.
Actually, it is part of China’s strategy. On the one hand, Chinese soldiers show aggression on the border, China starts chanting peace in front of the world. Earlier on June 15, he took the same stand after violent clashes between Indo-China troops in Ladakh. 20 soldiers of India were martyred in this violence. Chinese soldiers were also casualties, but did not disclose the number to save their noses. On repeated questions, China said that it was not disclosing the number because it would worsen the situation.
The Indian Army said on Monday that Indian troops had failed provocative military activity by the Chinese military to unilaterally change the status quo in Pangong So area. Army spokesman Colonel Aman Anand said the PLA violated the previous consensus reached through military and diplomatic talks on the East Ladakh standoff and tried to change the status quo on the intervening night of 29 and 30 August.
An army spokesman said, “Indian troops have already thwarted PLA activity along the southern side of Pangong So (lake), also measures to strengthen our positions and thwart Chinese intentions to unilaterally change ground facts.” He said that the Indian Army is committed to maintaining peace and stability through dialogue, but at the same time is equally committed to protecting the territorial integrity of the country.
A violent skirmish took place between the two countries for the first time in the Galvan Valley on June 15, in which 20 Indian soldiers were martyred. China did not provide any information about its casualties, but according to the US intelligence report, 35 of its soldiers were killed.
India and China have held seventy-five military and diplomatic talks in the last two and a half months but no concrete solution has been found on the East Ladakh case. The process of retreating on both sides began on July 6 following a phone conversation between National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi to ease tensions in eastern Ladakh. This process has not progressed since mid-July.