In the midst of the Corona virus crisis, a plane crash occurred in Kerala late Friday evening, which shook everyone. Air India Express aircraft carrying 190 people from Dubai under the Vande Bharat Mission crashed on the Kozhikode runway in Kerala and caused a major accident. In fact, the Air India Express plane at Karipur Airport in Kozhikode slipped while landing and after slipping, the aircraft fell into a ditch about 50 feet deep in the valley adjacent to the airport and broke into two. In this incident, 20 people including the pilot of the aircraft have died, while many passengers have been injured.
1. Actually, the Air India Express plane fell into the ditch after it slipped on the runway during the landing amid heavy rains on Friday, after which the aircraft of the aircraft flew away. Officials said the plane crashed into two parts after the fall, killing 20 people on board.
2. Police and Airlines officials said the dead included Chief Pilot Captain Deepak Sathe and his co-pilot Akhilesh Kumar. Sathe was the first wing commander in the Indian Air Force. Air India Express said in a statement released at midnight, “Unfortunately the pilots have died and in this hour of grief we are in touch with their families.”
3. The Ministry of Civil Aviation said that flight number IX 1344 operated from Dubai by B737 slipped on the runway at Kozhikode at 7.41 pm on Friday. ‘There is no news of a fire at the time of landing.’ The ministry said, the aircraft had 184 passengers, including 10 newborns, two pilots and four crew members.
4. Rias, a rescued passenger, stated that the aircraft circled the airport twice in the air before landing. He told a TV channel, ‘I was in the back seat. There was a loud voice and I do not know what happened after that. Another passenger, Fatima, said that the aircraft came down with great force and moved forward.
5. The DGCA statement stated that the aircraft did not stop after landing on the runway-10 and broke into two after reaching the end of the runway and falling into the ditch. Air India Express has only B737 aircraft in its fleet.
6. In the pictures shown on the TV of the accident site, the plane is seen broken in two parts and there was a lot of debris and stuff scattered around. Support centers were established in Kozhikode, Sharjah and Dubai.
7. Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Puri tweeted that he is very sad and distressed by the plane crash. He informed that the relief teams of Air India and Airports Authority of India (AAI) are being immediately dispatched from Delhi and Mumbai. In another tweet made at 12 o’clock in the night, he said that the rescue operation has been completed.
8. He said, ‘Two investigative teams of Air India, Airports Authority and AAIB will leave at two o’clock in the night and five o’clock in the morning. All have been evacuated from the aircraft. Rescue work is now complete. The injured are being treated in various hospitals.
9. Amid the rain, rescue personnel including local civilians and police were quick to take out the injured men and women from the aircraft. The aircraft broke into two huge pieces with a loud sound and the passengers could not understand what happened in a moment. There was a scream in the area.
10. Rescuers drove people out. During this period, four to five-year-old children were seen sticking in the lap of rescue workers and the passengers’ belongings were scattered there. The local people also ran for help after hearing the loud voice. A local man said that he ran towards the airport after hearing the loud sound. He said, ‘Little children were trapped under the seats and it was very sad. Many people were injured. The condition of many of them was critical. He said, “The legs were broken … My hands and shirt were soaked with the blood of the injured.”…