Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday assured that the new National Education Policy will be fully implemented. He said that the new education policy has been approved after deliberations and brainstorming over lakhs of suggestions for the last three-four years. Today it is being discussed all over the country. People from different regions and ideologies are expressing their views on this. He said that this is a healthy discussion, the higher it is, the more benefit the country’s education system will get. During his address at the conference organized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development and UGC on the new National Education Policy, he said that the new education policy will lay the foundation for a new India of the 21st century. Till now, the focus has been on ‘what to think’ in our education system, while ‘how to think’ is being emphasized in the new education policy. The Prime Minister expressed satisfaction that there were no complaints of discrimination from any region or class of the country.
National Education Policy 2020 Conclave Updates: Highlights of PM Modi’s speech
Expressing his full commitment to the new education policy, PM Modi assured that it will be implemented fully.
In the new education policy, emphasis is being laid on preparing new teachers along with students. There will also be a focus on training of teachers.
– PM Modi said that when it comes to strengthening an institution, autonomy is discussed. One section says that everything should be met by a government institution, another says everything should be met under autonomy. But the path of good quality education comes out of its midst, the institute that will do good work should get more rewards. Through education policy, the country should become a medium for giving good students and citizens.
The PM said, why did the high and low feelings in the country arise towards the workers? Today, along with reading children, it is important to know the reality of the country. Today, India can give solutions to talent and technology to the whole world. The poor person can get a chance to read due to technology.
– There is no opposition to this policy because there is nothing unilateral in it. He said that it is not just a circular but a mahayagya, which will lay the foundation of a new country and will build a century. The Prime Minister said that it is necessary to keep in mind the goals of the country in education policy so that the generation can be prepared for the future. Education policy had not changed for many decades, so sheepskin was being encouraged in the society. Sometimes the doctors, sometimes the engineers were competing to make lawyers, but now the young creative will be able to pursue ideas, now not only studies but working culture has been developed. Critical thinking will have to be developed in the youth.
– PM Modi said that it is a matter of happiness that after the introduction of the National Education Policy, there has been no mention of any kind of discrimination from any part of the country, from any section of the country, or is bent on one side. It is a sign that people wanted a change in the education system that had been in place for years.
– Work on Dignity of Labor
The PM said during the address, ‘When we go to the villages, we will see the farmer, the workers, the laborers working, only then they will be able to know about them, understand them, learn to respect their labor. Therefore, a lot of work has been done in the National Policy on Student Education and Dignity of Labor.
– National education policy will lay the foundation for a new 21st century India.
– The new National Education Policy will play an important role in ending the gap of research and education.
– In his address, the Prime Minister said that now whatever will be done to land it, it will be done soon. The PM said that I am with you for all the help you need to implement this. It is necessary to keep in mind the goals of the country in education policy, so that the generation can be prepared for the future. This policy will lay the foundation for a new India. The PM said that to make India strong, good education is necessary to empower the citizens.
– The Prime Minister said that today when the nursery child will also read about the new technology, it will be easier to prepare for the future. Education policy had not changed for many decades, so sheepskin was being encouraged in the society. There was a race to make a doctor-engineer-lawyer. Now the youth will be able to pursue creative ideas, now not only studies but working culture has been developed.
– PM Modi said that the question before us was whether our policy gives the youth a chance to fulfill their dreams. Does our education system enable the youth. These questions have been seriously worked on while framing the new education policy. Today a new system is coming up in the world, in such a situation a change in the education system is necessary.
Changing times have stressed the need to move towards a new global system. According to the Global Standard, the education system needs to be changed. In such a situation, 5 + 3 + 3 + 4 system has been introduced in schools by eliminating 10 + 2. This is a step taken in this direction. We have to make the student a global citizen but also keep them connected to their roots.
Now, youth do not need to stick to any one profession throughout their life.
– Multiple entry exit system allows students to study better. He can do the job. He can take a break from his course and join another course. Higher education has been freed from the stream.
– In the new education policy, the emphasis on the imperative of a lot of books has been reduced.
The new education policy focuses on how to think instead of what to think.
– It has been agreed to teach children in their mother tongue, this will strengthen their foundation, provide a strong base to pursue a career. This will help children to learn.
Conference on National Education Policy, 2020
The conference is being organized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development and University Grants Commission (UGC). During the conference, special sessions on important aspects of education covered under National Education Policy, 2020 such as holistic, multi-disciplinary and future education, quality research and use of technology for better access to education will be organized.
PM Modi tweeted on Thursday and said, “On Friday, 7 August at 11 am, I will address the conference organized on important reforms in higher education under the new National Education Policy. The conference will discuss how the youths will benefit from the changes in the Indian education sector.
HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank tweeted, “Today Hon’ble Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi will address a conference on transformative reforms in higher education under the new National Education Policy, which will guide the Honorable Prime Minister to the academic world. More than one thousand universities, more than 45000 degree colleges, IIT, IIIT, IIM, NIT and more than 150 institutions of national importance will participate in this conference. This conference is an effort to keep the changes in the Indian education sector among the youth, so that they are going to benefit in the future.
New education policy came after 34 years